Each summer there are a wide variety of camps and clinics offered in and around the Richmond area. Your coaches are often a good source of information on upcoming camps and clinics. Many organizations will also offer summer and winter camps and clinics that help players build and hone their lacrosse skills.
Below are some of the camps from the summer of 2018.
2018 Richmond Lacrosse Camp
The University of Richmond Lacrosse Camp offers a great opportunity for players of the game to learn and establish core fundamentals in the sport of lacrosse! All boys in attendance will receive hands-on instruction from current Richmond coaches and players.
Ready to register? Click HERE.
- Date: July 9-12, 2018
- Boys ages 7-17; grades 1-12.
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. at the Intramural Fields. On subsequent days, drop off will be between 8:30-9am. Commuter campers should be picked up at 3pm.
- Meals at the Heilman Dining Center and lodging are included for those that select this option.
- For a campus map and directions, click HERE. Camp will take place at Robins Stadium/Intramural Fields.
What to Bring
- Full range of equipment
- Cleats (turf and grass)
- Water bottle
- Insect repellant - such as DEET
- Waiver Form
- Cost is $525 for overnight Camper; $350 for commuter camper.
- There is a UR faculty/staff discount of 10% available. Only parents/guardians may apply for this discount (indirect relatives not included).
- A team discount is also available (10%). If 8 or more people from your team do not register by the event date, YOU will be responsible for paying the difference at the time of check-in.
- Only one (1) discount may be applied.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Refund/Cancellation: Each registration includes a non-refundable $100 deposit and a nonrefundable $6.50 processing fee. Any cancellations within one week of camp will not receive a refund.
NWS GIRLS LACROSSE CAMP
featuring STORM Coaches
New World Sports will be offering two sessions of 3-day summer day camps for rising 2nd graders all the way up to rising 12th graders. Come train and play in a fun, friendly environment! All experience levels are welcome – registrants will be split by age and experience level. Camp staff will include current STORM Coaches, former and current college players.
June 18-20 from 9am-12pm at River City Sportsplex, Midlothian
July 9-11 from 9am-12pm at River City Sportsplex, Midlothian
We are pleased to offer girls lacrosse summer camps in both June & July!
Join our QUALITY STAFF of current & former college players and STORM level coaches to help you develop skill, concept and advanced lax IQ in a day camp scenario!
LOCATION: River City Sportsplex, 13030 Genito Road, Midlothian VA, Field 8
FOR: Girls Grades 2 – 12
EXPERIENCE: Beginners, Intermediate and Experienced (girls will be grouped by age & experience)
COST: $135 – register early and receive $10 discount!
US Lacrosse Membership is required at registration.
Questions? Email us at
Please go HERE for more info on Private Lessons & Additional Training Options
2018 Lacrosse Performance Camp at Hampden-Sydney College, LLC
Dates: Sunday, July 8 - Wednesday, July 11
Check-in between 3-4 pm on Sunday
Check-out between 11 am to noon on Wednesday
Please click on the camp name for information and registration for each camp
Two separate age groups for play and instruction
2018 senior players are also welcome at the Elite Camp as we can help prepare your skills for college.
What makes our camp unique is that we:
Specialize in small group clinic/instruction in shooting technique, goalkeeper play, and defense/long pole technique
Instructors teach leadership and sportsmanship
Opportunity for college-bound young men to get an early look at Hampden-Sydney College.
You may be interested in the following article by Major League Lacrosse star Paul Rabil. This was our camp when we ran it at Gettysburg College in the late 1990s! "The Best Lacrosse Camp I Ever Attended" by Paul Rabil, May 5, 2015
Major discounts will be offered to:
- Teams and groups (please contact camp directors)
- Early bird for individuals
- All goalkeepers will be discounted $100 - if your son receives a goalie discount, we require that he play in goal, not multiple positions
Stars of Tomorrow Titan Field Hockey and Lacrosse
The sessions are designed to meet the needs of middle and elementary school athletes and those moving on to high school programs in field hockey and/or lacrosse. Campers will enhance individual skills and learn team tactics and the rules of the game for each sport.
Staff includes top coaches and players from the Richmond area. Coaches from the US Field Hockey Futures Program and members of the local US Lacrosse chapter, college players, and former and current Trinity players will be on hand to maximize each camper’s experience.
TROJAN 40 YOUTH LACROSSE CAMP
Trojan40 Lacrosse is the Midlothian High School Boy's lacrosse community development program dedicated to continuing the tradition of excellence and community character building for the boys playing and wishing to play High school lacrosse for Midlothian HIgh School.
River City Sportsplex, Fields 2 & 3
Youth Lacrosse Camp for Boys & Girls
Rising 5th thru 10th graders. Placement for beginners to advanced players.
Current College and Varsity High school players & coaches on staff. Lax Pinny, tee shirt, and promotional giveaways.
Aug 8-10, $120
Goalie Clinic for boys and girls goalies in Richmond area.
University of Richmond fields
July 9, 6-9 pm